Thursday, October 25, 2012

I'd do it all over again...If I could

 

It's that time of year when things settle down, the traveling subsides, the racing goes on hold, and the real training begins. It's also that time of year when I spend a lot of time thinking about all that I've experienced. There were definitely moments on the bike when I felt untouchable and times when I felt I was doomed. Here's a quick look at my year, from my backyard, to Kansas, to Colorado, and everywhere in between.
 

 
Pumped about an 8th place finish at the gravel classic,
Ragnarok 105.


Shelled, but happy with a 3rd place at the Northern
Kettles 100 miler.
The Chequamegon 100 didn't end well for me. I got LOST,
but I still had a great time. I'll be back to redeem myself.




 The flood nearly broke Duluth's spirit, but not quite.



 Beautiful Kansas. I cruised with the leaders early on in the Dirty
Kanza 200, but 5 flats left me decimated emotionally and
physically. With nothing left I decided to race the SUN, everything
changed after that.



   Then, I got two articles published on Dirt Rag.com
about the Dirty Kanza, That was cool.




I even got interviewed on Mountain Bike Radio - TWICE!
Sweet.


It's not always about the bike.
Amy and I hangin' after Duluth's Grandma's
Marathon. Just one of the many 1/2 marathons Amy did in 2012.


3rd place at the 24 Hours of 9 Mile (12 hour solo) left me filthy,
but happy.


 
The Vapor Trail, the grand daddy of my year.
The memories will be with me forever.



Back home on the shores of Lake Superior.
Right where I belong.

 
Where did the time go?
My Spearfish and the DBD patch kept me going
all year.
So there it is, a flashback of 2012. There were many events and great rides that weren't represented here, they're tucked away in the recesses of my memories. I'll keep them for myself...for now. Hope your year left you feeling the same way mine did.
 
 
 
Eki

No comments: